Monday, March 16, 2009

Dare Devil

My little boy is a Dare Devil! It is finally nice outside so of course Kamden doesn't want to be inside. He has taken off on his bike and has crashed and burned. 
We have some dirt jumps that our neighborhood kids have made. Kamden had decided that he was going to jump them. He did really good a couple of times but like all fun things they come to an end. He took off the jump again and face planted. My poor boy was all bloody and all the neighborhood boys who were at the jump came running down to the house to let me know that kamo had fallen and is bleeding. I ran down there and found him at the bottom of this hill. His bike was broken and my little boy had blood all over his face, hands, and shirt. He was crying. As a mother I panicked. You never want to see your child covered in blood crying hysterically. His eyes were half shut and he was staggering towards me with his arms stretched out. I just wanted to cry with him. His nose had swelled for two days after this but nothing was broken. He needed good cuddling and a bath. 
It breaks my heart to see my kids hurt. I feel so helpless. 
I'm sure this won't be the last of his crazy attempts or hurt filled cries. Heaven help me.

No comments: