Monday, April 27, 2009

Change

I've always been one who liked change. This weekend has been one of those times where I was on a change kick. Recently I have been obsessing over our layout in our formal living room. I've been looking through decorating magazines and have been getting some ideas. If you are familiar with our home we have an awkward space for our formal entry area. It looks like it would be a formal sitting and dining room area with out the space needed for both. Its to big for just a formal but two small for both. So we had a upright piano, a big couch and love seat, an over sized chair and ottoman in this area. I felt like it was crowded and started looking old. Like the furniture upholstery was dated. So I started hitting up KSL.COM. Can I say, there is NOTHING wrong with buying used? So we have to much furniture in this area. I bought a wing back chair and am now trying to look for another one that would match the one I just purchased. I talked daryle out of trying to keep everything in the area and add the chair. I had to show him that in all my magazines that every living room had A couch and two chairs. Not a couch and love seat with chairs. Of course if you have enough room for that more power to you but we don't. So Friday, Saturday and Sunday we moved around our furniture. I was in Heaven. Our formal area is not completed but I now see the hope in it. I'm trying to sell some of our furniture that we don't need or that I don't want on KSL.COM. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

ok, so you need to post pictures of the new layout of your room. I am dying to see them! Good for you to change it up a bit.