Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter!

Easter is one of the holidays that I feel gets lost in the egg hunts and Easter Bunny. This year was different for our family. Yes we did do the Easter egg hunts and had our Easter baskets. We ate our Easter dinner and lots of candy. But above all of that we talked with the kids about what Easter is all about. It was neat to talk to Makayla about it. She had a lot of questions about what Jesus Christ had done for us and why. WHY? Sometimes its hard to explain how Christ was resurrected and why he attoned for all of our sins. I believe that our talk with the kids helped start there learning on all the things he has done for us. I hope that it has started a small testimony within them about Jesus Christ and a want to learn more.

I spoke for the first time in 8 yrs today in Sacrament meeting. My topic was on The Way through Jesus Christ. I talked about how Jesus and his gifts have helped me in my  life. I spoke about the only way that you could return to your Father in Heaven which is through Jesus Christ. He gave us the greatest gift of all. He's there for us through our good and bad times. He's felt what we have all felt. 

No comments: