Friday, September 5, 2008

A Run In W/A Mailbox


So last week Wednesday Makayla was riding her bike with friends. I had gone inside my friends house thinking she should be fine. A couple minutes later I hear a wail. If ever you've heard Makayla cry its like a deep growl/howl type of cry. She was brought into the house from a neighbor who had said that she was going really fast and hit the mailbox really hard and fell to the ground. When I looked at her she had one scrap. Nothing sever and that was it. She was craddling her arm am while crying was telling me that it hurt. This arm had no scrapes or bruising or really anything that looked wrong. So I told her to calm down and you will be fine. I kinda brushed it off like any other fall my kids would take that isn't a bad fall. Well later that night I had noticed she was still craddling her arm. The next morning I had asked her about her arm. It was still hurting her so I decided to take her to the drs. Little did I know we were going to spend the rest of the day at Primary Childrens Hospital. She had a elbow fracture. Instead of it cracking or chipping her bone was bent. So here is the picture of Makayla waiting to get her sling and arm wrapped until her swelling goes down.

No comments: